Tones is a versatile worsted weight, woolen-spun from fleece-dyed American Columbia wool into light and dark shades of round and bouncy 3-ply yarn that is overdyed to create a harmonious palette of coordinated “tone pairs”.
Choose your favorite color’s light, bright Overtone, or the deeper, more subdued Undertone. Craft vibrant combinations using Overtones and Undertones of different hues, or choose a more subtle approach by pairing an Overtone and Undertone from the same colorway. Create colorwork, stripes, crisp cables and bold texture in sweaters, accessories, and blankets with this soft and sturdy yarn.
- 140 yards (128 meters) | 50 grams | Worsted weight
- 3-ply woolen-spun construction
- 24 micron Columbia wool from Wyoming
- Wool scoured at Bollman Industries in Texas
- Stock dyed at Tintoria Piana U.S. in Georgia
- Spun at Crescent Woolen Mills Co. in Wisconsin
- Skein dyed at Caledonian Dye Works in Pennsylvania
- Finished at Clemson Winding in Pennsylvania
100% developed, sourced, processed, spun and dyed in the USA.
As a result of its lofty woolen-spun construction, Tones knits wonderfully at a variety of gauges:
- 4¼ - 5 stitches to 1"
- Suggested Needle: 4.5 - 5.5 mm (US 7 - 9)
- Suggested Hook: 5.5 - 6.5 mm (US I-9 - K-10½)
*Undertones coming soon
Suggested pattern: First Raglan Sweater by Jared Flood