LEARN TO BRIOCHE KNIT
Learn to Brioche Knit
with Jules Huntsberger
Saturday 9/21 and 10/5 - 10:30am - 12:00pm
Cost per person: $30
Pattern: Reversible Brioche Slouchy Hat by Kathy Ticho
- Available for $5 on Ravelry
Sample: Sample is provided knit up in Weepaca by Big Bad Wool. I used two skeins of MC and one skein of CC.
Ability Level: If you can make knit and purl stitches with confidence, then you can learn to brioche!
Let’s hop on the Brioche Bandwagon with this simple slouchy hat! In this class you will learn how to knit two-color brioche in the round. We will cover reading a brioche pattern, deciphering brioche abbreviations, decreasing in brioche, and learning how to “read” you work. We will meet for two 90-minute sessions, with homework before each class.
Supply list for class:
- Two contrasting colors of worsted weight yarn
- Pattern calls for 150 yards each color, however my sample only used 95 yards of the contrast color
- High contrast between colors is recommended
- One 16” US size 6 circular needle
- One stitch marker to mark the beginning of round, plus one removable stitch marker or safety pin to mark the right side
- Tapestry needle
- Printed copy pattern
Homework to be completed before Class 1: Cast on and work ribbed hat brim as written in pattern.. Work decrease round. You should have 88 sts on your needle and be ready to begin the Main Body section for the first class.
Registration and Cancellation:
- Register in-person at Tia Dana with cash or check payment. Phone registrations are accepted, but your spot in class is not confirmed until Dana receives your payment.
- If you cancel your registration at least 48 hours in advance of the class, you will receive a full refund. If your cancellation is less than 48 hours in advance then your class is fee is non-refundable.
- If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, inclement weather, or instructor illness, you will be notified as soon as possible and will receive a full refund. If the class is rescheduled, you will receive priority access to register for the new class.